Wednesday, August 17, 2011

089. Rain

Not that it did today, for the first time in what feels like weeks. When I came back from the draining heat in the midwest of the USA, I was so happy to see the rain, but finally I had enough. Today was perfect, blue sky, fluffy clouds, a light breeze and 25°C. An optimistic day. Nothing had changed, in the things that were giving me pause for thought, the job situation was the same, the other stuff too. But I felt lighter. So pinching Valerie's "Rainy Days and Mondays" today (because now, that SONG is in MY head) and pairing it with an image of rain in Tokyo, all neon lights and reflected shop windows.



I was very alone in Tokyo, I wandered around and I was the only red-headed person I saw. People stared, not in a bad way, but they stared. I reached out for you then, even though it had been months since we last spoke. And you were there, you answered me. You always answer me, even if I don't have a question, or if all of my questions boil down to whether you still feel me there.
How do I stop the reaching, when stopping pushes it into a blind clutching?

No comments:

Post a Comment