Friday, August 12, 2011

084. Effervescence

Hard to know what inspired today's pieces really, I loved Stephen's image - it reminded me of looking through the microscope at bits of plant back in pharmacy college days, before I changed direction (once again) to the "pure" chemistry side. Still hooked on lines and curves and developed the partnering image from Antony Gormley's "Clearing" again, with a nod to Steve Veilleux' image style...



Talking with you makes thoughts soda fountain through me, and I want to let these balloons fly free, admire their buoyancy, roundness, colour. But my sticky fibred mind clings, all cilia, fingering the thoughts and changing them. Building things with them, adding combinations together until the edifice of expectation is looming ahead of me, effervescence lost.

1 comment:

  1. First, effervescence is a fab word!
    I love how there's some sciencey stuff here...diagrams and atomic models, or something that I would look forward to in an advanced course.

    ReplyDelete