Wednesday, August 10, 2011

082. Conversations

Sometimes, conversations flow and you don't notice time pass, you are excited to be communing with the other person and before you know it, an hour has nearly passed. Sometimes a fragment of a conversation can make you feel like you talked for an hour. Make you feel a connection. Some of the artists here, our posts are back and forward and it is like a conversation, sometimes without words. I guess I am starting to feel melancholy that the time for talking may finish in a couple of handfuls of days. Today, Dorothee's picture from her "virtual notes" blog is the jump off point.


This last week, I have done so much for you, I have been your advocate and encouraging voice, walking alongside you so you don't even see the heckling crowds. I am your entourage. I need to step back now though, to allow you to make your own way, so that you see where the steps will take you.
They could bring you closer to me. In space, bring you to my country more often. In availability, I could be there more immediately. If it happens, we would both expect things again. It is nowhere near a reality yet; but already I start guarding against expectation. Many are the things I can bring you, and many are the ways you can let me down. One day we may even have this conversation.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you've match Dorothee's work here, Julia, and the text is soulful yet hopeful. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete