Wednesday, June 29, 2011

040. Drifting

Continuing with yesterday's (somewhat downbeat) theme, I came across Kelli Costa's picture of a drooping lily, her "Day 38" picture reminiscent of an un-cocooning, a metamorphosis where the flower becomes insect, all bedraggled wings. I put it together with a drifting apart image; with petals, stamens drifted from the lilies I had bought for Seville.


You drifted unwillingly into my country today.
I was not there, I had crawled a little closer
to your country, that was once mine too.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! Especially the introduction...that un-cocooning, where beauty dies and out of that grotesque a new being is born. I have been into the concept of "shift" for awhile now, but I can see how my idea of shift is governed by the process of drift. I promise, I'm not trying to sound corny here! :) Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete