Saturday, June 18, 2011

029. Restrictions

Sabin Aell has some fantastic photographs on the beauty of everyday things - if you haven't seen this series I won't spoil it by telling you what the image is, but urge you to get over there and have a look. I love the restricted colour palette of her pieces, and so I've paired it with a limited colour piece of my own; a not-an-everyday object, the less-than-obdurate stone-scapes of the Burren. A longer poem of mine inspired by the Burren landscape is at The Camel Saloon.


It is more exciting, when it shouldn't be                        
at all. I can't explain the pull                                                  
any other way, it's not me                        
that is holding the thread taut, not                                                  
this time, don't you agree                        

No comments:

Post a Comment