Thursday, June 16, 2011

027. Veils

I am tired today, and my mind is foggy. The perfect simplicity of Nicolette's "Corner" is my inspiration, and I paired it with an image called "Light Curtain". It was a visual poem, the original can be seen here, but today the words don't feel right. The last couple of pieces I've done have included some fiction, but I am not 100% satisfied with them, and yet, they were the best I could come up with at the time, which is probably why I am not satisfied... vicious circles... like the mosquito bites on my arms... just at table top height , so irritable when typing.


                             I showed you
                                                          everything that was behind the veil
                             but, now,
                                                          I think we both prefer that
                             I put it back.

1 comment:

  1. I like this staggered presentation of words. I've seen it (at least) a couple times in your work and it works well. Almost like separate voices sometimes. I played with that in a poem a couple years ago and have often thought about trying it out again, just because it felt good. Your words will feel good again...but for what it's worth, my day 27 just didn't feel right to me, and what I posted was my 3rd painting. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete