Saturday, June 25, 2011

036. Geometry

It rained today. This was not a bad thing as it meant I "stayed in" while my friends walked the wet beach, and I got the >language>place blog carnival edition #7 99% completed. I am pleased with it, I like the grid style of the presentation - it's less "stained glass window" than the effect I first had in mind, but the tiles needed to be a certain size for the "about" pieces to be legible ( I don't have a version of photoshop that allows you to slice images & link different parts to different things). Anyway, enough rambling, today I matched a geometric image from Steve Veilleux with a piece done for the carnival.


The hard edges are a warm blue and the soft edges cold
geometry pushing into the vortex

3 comments:

  1. interesting piece - primitive art, cosmic debris, mandala, water, clouds, soft and ragged textures - glad I was able to play a part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystalline this, both in texture and in the way 'crystal' radios communicate (don't ask me about the physics!)and the conjunction of geometric shapes and colours makes me think of earth spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazed that you piled in the Language/Place Carnival and did such a gorgeous job on it (thank you for including me!) and still found the time and creativity to come up with this play on Steve's piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete