Friday, June 3, 2011

014. Pooled light

Mindy Bray inspired today's piece with her picture erasure (for kate) below left. The lamp posts in Venice always had an otherwordly quality about them, pink, no, rose coloured glass, as if the surroundings needed to be further prettified. Also, Amrita Mishra's day 10 piece inspired me to comment about men who visit... and that got developed further into the poem below


                                                You walked with me to my door,
                                                     afterwards. I glowed with pink prosecco,
                                                    feeling mysterious in the fog, and daring too.
                                                  Thrilled to have seized the day, to have lived
                                                    in those moments with you.
                                                   Your breath tickled against my ear, kissing
                                                      my cheek goodnight. I did not understand,
                                                       not then, that you were one of those men
                                                      who came only to visit, never to stay.

1 comment: