Wednesday, July 20, 2011

061. Grasswritten

Today, Stephen Hastings-King has a beautiful picture of grasses that I couldn't help but steal and experiment with again. I travelled from the rolling wheat-and-cornfields of rural Indiana back to the baked concrete of Detroit, and the green is still speaking to me...


     there are blades
          between my toes
               my fingernails pierce
                    accidental wounds
                         and the grass gets in
                              chlorophyll under the skin
               you grow into an earth mother
                    and forget me for bigger things

2 comments:

  1. lovely. i really like the reprocessed image. strangely, the image is a photomicrograph of some japanese paper. i'd had it around for a long time hoping to find a way to use it. then i did. then you did. i think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I was totally convinced it was grass, not fibres - still beautiful

    ReplyDelete