Wednesday, May 25, 2011

005. Surface

More time to catch up, over a long weekend, with the dizzying display of work that I stumbled across when I was first introduced to the project (on day 11), one of the pieces that caught my eye then, and I have searched for since, was "A clean (enough) slate" by Sina Bo Bina. I loved the idea of the broken surface, and had just returned from Israel, where my image of the surface of the Dead Sea comes from, and also building on my practicemakesperfect post with the piece below.


surface splits, dividing and fractal                                                                                    
finger under the surface. pulled                                                                                    
epidermis the skin of the earth pushes                                                                                    
the natal fluid, flows to the edge                                                                                    
gasps and dries. crusted coral                                                                                    
polyps too stubby to function,                                                                                    
cracked chasms and dessicated                                                                                    
corruption, my new face                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. I see a diving bird in Sina's piece and something spirit-like in the Dead Sea salt - an illustrated exhortation ... and then the words send me in another direction entirely.

    ReplyDelete